Have you seen the size of those bakery muffins? The tops are as big as my head. Most are beaming with more sugar and fat than a candy bar. Dear gorgeous reader........those are not the way to start your day rocking and rolling. You will
Chock full of nutrient rich goodies- that's how you start the day glowing with energy and go-get-em attitude!
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour (ground oats)
- 3/4 cup (60g) oatbran
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (not an isolate- this will make them dry)
- 3/4 cup Stevia In the Raw
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp bakingsoda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 4 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree or unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup milk (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1 cup (200g) grated carrots
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (toasted in a pan gives a nice nutty flavour)
In a large bowl beat the eggs whites and egg until fluffy. Add the pumpkin, milk and vanilla.
In a separate bowl sift together the dry ingredients. Stir into wet mixture but do not overmix. <---flat heavy muffins. Fold in the carrot, zucchini, apple and coconut.
Evenly distribute batter into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with toasted oats.
Bake for 22 to 25 minutes until spring to touch and lightly golden. Remove from oven, let cool in pan about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Serves 12 glorious people
Per Serving: 130 calories, 4g fat, 15g carbs, 4g fiber, 9g protein