In honour of my cowgirl..... cookies :)
- 1 cup oat flour (ground oats)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup expeller pressed coconut oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup Stevia In The Raw
- 1 large egg + 2 whites
- 2 tsp quality vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchament paper (first choice) or spray with non-stick cooking oil.
In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
In a clean bowl beat the eggs, oil, stevia and applesauce until smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
Add the oats, chocolate and pecans mixing until incorporated.
Drop by tablespoon full onto prepared sheet. Do not flatten.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from oven and let sit on pan for a few minutes to set, then transfer to wire rack to full cool.
Makes 2 dozen Texas sized cookies
Per Cookie: 147 calories, 10g fat, 14.5g carbs, 2g protein