28 years and my favourite ever is still peanut butter + banana = match made in heaven!
These muffins have the perfect balance of sweet bananas and nutty peanuts- all while lower in fat, higher in protein and satisfying for a snack or around your workouts!
- 4 scoops vanilla or banana protein powder (I suggest a blend not isolate- I used Gaspari Myofusion)
- 2 cups oatmeal (blended into flour)
- 1/2 cup peanut flour (eg: pb2)
- 1/4-1/2 cup stevia for baking
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 medium bananas- the riper the better (you want spots)
- 2 1/2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Turn the oven to 375F. Spray 6 cup muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
Mash the bananas until smooth. Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla.
Sift dry ingredients and mix into banana mixture, mixing ONLY until combined. Do not over mix or the muffins will be like hockey pucks.
Bake for 15 minutes, the centre will feel slightly soft. Remove from oven and cool in pan 5 minutes, they will set. This prevents over drying.
Makes 6 large muffins