Every year no matter who I am celebrating the holiday with, there are always more side dishes than a single plate can handle. Don't feel quilty about going back for seconds with my harvest broccoli salad. Traditional broccoli salad we've had at Thanksgiving is laden with mayo, sugar, hefty doses of cheese and bacon. Although my recipe is lightened up so it doesn't
- 2 cups fresh broccoli flowerts
- 1 local, fresh apple, diced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3 slices cooked crispy turkey bacon, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt (such as Chobani or Fage)
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- sea salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl toss together the broccoli, apple, cranberries, walnuts and bacon.
In a seperate bowl mix together the yogurt, maple syrup, vinegar and salt and pepper until smooth.
Even toss the dressing into the broccoli mixture to coat. Serve right away or cover and store in the fridge.
Serves 8 (1/2 cup each)
Per Serving: 85 calories, 4g fat, 10g carbs, 2g fiber, 3.5g protein