Ask any woman the one thing she craves the most and I guarantee the majority of the time it's chocolate. I swear it's built in our DNA. It just makes ladies happy. Pure unsweetened cocoa in it's natural form is actually good for you! Full of minerals and one of the highest amounts of anti-oxidants than any other food....even higher than those gorgeous blueberries. Some call it the 'bliss food' because it increases happy hormones. More the reason to give in. Life's not about deprivation and if you haven't already learned...you can eat well and still look fit & fabulous!
If there's one thing I can't get enough of it's this chocolate mousse. It's incredibly rich tasting (but oh-so-healthy) and full of healthy fats thanks to the miraculous, creamy avocado. This is great as an afternoon snack to curb hunger or evening treat to give in to that chocolate temptation.
- 2 oz ripe avocado
- 1 - 1 1/2 tbsp quality cocoa powder (darker the better)
- 2 tbsp nonfat plain greek yogurt
- splash unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 packs stevia
- 1/2 scoop chocolate whey protein (optional)
- pinch of sea salt (brings out the chocolate intensity)
- 1/8 tsp vanilla powder or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Place all of the ingredients in blender and mix on high speed for a minute or so. The longer, the more mousse texture it becomes.
Eat right away or place in air tight container. Will keep in fridge for a couple of days.
* I love having this with raspberries or sliced strawberries.
10g fat (healthy)