So grandma, I'm sorry. But I believe a girl can bake her cake and eat it too! In moderation of course, once in a while treat even if it is healthier. I'm happy, you'll be happy and girls, the scale will be too.
Vanilla Cream Cheese Pound Cake with Caramel Sauce
- 8 oz tub nonfat cream cheese, room temp
- 10-12 drops Vanilla-Creme Stevia drops
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup white whole wheat or pastry flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt (nonfat or 2%)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl using electric beaters, cream the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the egg whites, beating well on high until fluffy. Mix in the yogurt, stevia and vanilla. Stir in the flours, half at a time, mixing until incorporated. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 60 to 70 minutes until dark golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let rest in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 box sugar free butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1 tsp maple extract