Believe it or not, chocolate is actually good for you. We have an antioxidant powerhouse in the house today! Now before you rush off to the store I want you to know I don't mean chocolate bars, artificially infused chocolate want-to-be flavoured junk, etc. I'm talking about robust, rich, dark cocoa.....the darker the better baby!
So go ahead, give your fit and beautiful self permission to 'indulge' in the finer and tastier things in life- guilt free! Why not wake up to a breakfast that benefits your heart, diabetes risk, cholesterol, aging, PMS, and let's face it, a girl with chocolate is just happier! :)
Skinny Chocolate Muffins
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites (or 4 large)
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree or unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp milk (I used unsweetened chocolate almond milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (Hershey's Special Dark)
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder (a blend, not an isolate)
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup Stevia In The Raw
- 1 tsp baking powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
Place the beans in a blender or food processor. Add the milk. Blend well until smooth.
Add the remaining ingredients, continuing to blend until well mixed, smooth and glossy.
Pour into prepared pan. Bake for about 22 minutes, checking at 20 minutes. Do not over bake or they will be dry!
Remove from oven and let cool. Wrap tightly and store in fridge.
*These are excellent with a smear of peanut butter over the top!
Per muffin: 60 calories, 1 g fat, 9g carbs, 3.3g fiber, 7.5g protein