Better yet, when life decides to throw you lemons, grab them and make cake. Call your closest girl friends and laugh about life over this tangy/sweet tea cake.
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup organic Greek yogurt (strained yogurt)
- 1/2 cup Stevia in the Raw
- 2 large eggs + 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup Stevia in the Raw
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, melted
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8 by 5 inch loaf pan.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into 1 bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, stevia, the eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. With a rubber spatula, fold the oil into the batter, making sure it's all incorporated.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Whisk together the glaze ingredients. When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan. While the cake is still warm, pour the glaze mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in. Cool completely before slicing.